Attention NYC Residents:
The City of New York has scheduled three public hearings regarding 9 lots of land the City plans to give away to developers for $1 each. The map above and list below shows where.
Do you live near these lots? Want to testify about their future? We can help you prepare your testimony using this template (when you click, a word doc will begin downloading), and can attend the hearing with you. Contact us for support at (718) 316-6092 and email@example.com.
Here’s more information about what the City has shared about the plans for each site, and the hearing dates. Each hearing is at 1 Centre Street in Manhattan:
- Wednesday, April 11th, 10:00AM — A public hearing will be held to discuss the $1 sale of a lot at 165 West 80th Street–corner of W 80th and Amsterdam Ave–in Manhattan (Manhattan block 1221 lot 7). The city plans to sell this land to 165 W 80th Street HDFC for $1, with no affordability restrictions noted. More information here.
- Wednesday, April 25th, 10:00AM — A public hearing will be held to discuss the $1 sale of a lot at 425 Grand Concourse–corner of Grand Concourse and E 144th–in the Bronx (Bronx block 2346 lot 1). The city plans to sell this land to PH425 HDFC for $1, with the only noted restriction that “at least half of the units [be] at 60% AMI.” That’s almost double what most people in the Community District make ($27,312 is the median household income for households of three, which is 32% AMI). More information here.
- Wednesday, May 9th, 10:00AM — A public hearing will be held to discuss the $1 sale of 7 lots to three different developers:
- 1 lot at 345 St. Ann’s Avenue–corner of St. Ann’s and E 142nd–in the Bronx (Bronx block 2268 lot 27). The City plans to sell this land to TCB Mott Haven HDFC, a non-profit developer, to create rental units, commercial space, and open space; no restrictions noted.More information here.
- 4 lots at 302–310 West 127th Street–between Frederick Douglass and St. Nicholas–in Manhattan (Manhattan block 1953 lots 36,37,38,40). The City plans to sell this land to CUCS HDFC IV, a non-profit developer, to create across 4 lots “116 units for occupancy by homeless and low income persons.” More information here.
- 2 lots at 137–159 W. 108th Street–between Columbus and Amsterdam–in Manhattan (Manhattan block 1863 lot 5 & 13). The City plans to sell this land to West 108th Street HDFC, a non-profit developer, to create across 2 lots “199 units for occupancy by homeless and low income persons” and “transitional shelter facility with approximately 110 beds.” More information here.
All hearings are held at 1 Centre Street in Manhattan (downtown). Need help preparing to testify, or have any questions? Email 596 Acres at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (718) 316-6092. Here’s a template you can use to prepare your testimony (when you click, a word doc will begin downloading).
See other past and pending one dollar lot sales on onedollarlots.org.