Join us for a glimmering evening in celebration of community strength, stewardship and resilience.
- June 1, 2017
7pm to 10 pm
@ Genius in Gowanus: 84 4th Street, BROOKLYN between Hoyt and Bond
Honoring these incredible community land stewards:
- Isabahlia Ladies of Elegance Foundation (Brownsville)
- BK ROT (Bushwick)
- The Bangladeshi American Community Development and Youth Service (Cityline)
Council Members Inez Barron, Antonio Reynoso and Rafael Espinal will join us to talk about 596 Acres’ impacts in their districts and the work of these groups.
- Music by live band Consumata and DJ James Mulry
- Installations by J McDonald
- Food & Drink by Applegate, Cabot Creamery, Captain Lawrence Brewing, Foragers Market, Lagunitas, One Girl Cookies, Red Jacket Orchards, Runner & Stone, Sahadi’s, The Alamo Drafthouse, Tofurky & more!
- Raffle prizes from Ample Hills, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Brooklyn Grange, City Winery, East Harlem Tax & Insurance , East River Tattoo, The Alamo Drafthouse, Juice Generation, & more!
- Haircuts by Coiffeur NYC
- Face and body painting by Blessed
and so so much more. Remember how fun Mapping Matters was in 2014?